Thursday, April 3, 2008

One Day to Go - or Not.

Hmmm...so here I am  - officially one day before my due date. I was 4 days early with Kieran, and apparently, you're supposed to be even earlier with your second. So much for that. 

So, I'm waiting around at home. There really are few things as boring as this...it's not really nice enough to go outside yet, I cannot shop for this child because I don't know the gender, my kitchen is re-organized, the house is clean and I think if I have to wait another week, I'll lose my mind. 

Yesterday's doctor appointment was a perfunctory as usual. Pee stick, weight, blood pressure, baby heartbeat, stomach measure  and then "see you next week." The doctor was there for apx one minute...if that. I mean, its not like I really expected much else, but at 40 weeks, there still isn't so much as a "let's take a little look-see." 

On the upside, I found this absolutely phenomenal Raspberry Mint Tea from a specialty tea store which is just delicious. It was $6 dollars for enough to make about 6 cups, but totally worth it. Raspberry tea is one of the supposed "labour inducements." Obviously, it's ineffective as a labour inducer, but nevertheless, I think it's quite the find. 

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey Gen. If you could have that baby today that would be really helpful for me. I already have another birthday to remember on April 3, so that sure would be handy! ;)
Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Gen mentions the Tea is $6... for 6 cups.. cost per pound? $22.00!! but yes.. it's quite yummy... oh baby... come out soon!! so everyone is happy.. including Steph.. so she doesn't have to remember another day!!