Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hurry Up Baby

Three days to go...officially. Unofficially, I have a feeling this baby is in no rush. 

And it's not like I've been sitting around all day eating bonbons and waiting for my water to break. I'm much more active at home that I was at work, so I'm hoping that my kitchen reorganization of this morning gets things moving. My mother has been cracking her whip...she's clearly a firm believer that action will provoke labour and to be honest, I'm hoping she's right because I can't take another week of her energy level. She thinks I should get on the treadmill, even. Myself,  I'd prefer to go the castor oil/raspberry tea route and pass on the gym routine for the time being. 

Although it dawned on me yesterday that my due date for this baby, which is April 4, translates numerically to o4/04 which is really bad luck in Chinese. Not that I really care, but now that I've thought about, I'd rather not give birth on Friday. I pointed it out to Eric, who also - and he's the one that always talks about the stupid 4's - but now NEITHER of us really want to have this baby on Friday. When Kieran was born it was June of 2006 and everyone was all in panic about having an 06/06/06 Satan Spawn baby, but we escaped that and Kieran was born on the 9th. On Friday (assuming I'm still gargantuanly pregnant) I'm going to lay low just in case. No chance tempting fate in ANY culture. Right?


No comments: