Tuesday, April 8, 2008

High Baby, not Hi Baby.

Had my 41 week (yeesh) doctor's appointment today and, not surprisingly, it looks like unless a miracle occurs I'll be induced on Friday. The doctor said the baby was still really high, and in fact, I quote, as she is doing the exam: "Oh this baby is high. THAT's your problem. High. High.High.High.High." And, apparently, I'm showing zero sign of doing this myself. So, inducement it is. I would rather have done this naturally, and if the doctor had given me any indication that I might be ready in the next few days I may have waited, but since there are no signs, I'm going to go for it.

I start with a gel application on Thursday night, come home and go back the next day for the water break/inducement. I can feel ALREADY that if this baby is so high that I'm in for another long labour. 

But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwwwwwww gel application ...

Steph said...

Zeisman and I have placed bets on baby's arrival. Just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Bets on the baby's arrival? lol.. how about bet on the duration of Gen Being in labour.. less than 30 hours would be great.

Steph said...

Yeah, that's what I meant. If they are inducing on Friday, when will baby arrive?

For the record, I'm betting on later the same day. I'll be thinking happy thoughts!

Steph said...

Yeah, that's what I meant. If they are inducing on Friday, when will baby arrive?

For the record, I'm betting on later the same day. I'll be thinking happy thoughts!

Caro said...

Haha, that "miracle" occurred: the inducement didn't work! I enjoy reading over these entries and already knowing what happened.