Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Pressure!

So, I'm starting to feel the Christmas (sorry, Holiday) crunch. I keep thinking of all the shopping, baking, wrapping, packing (since Christmas is always spent at my brother's in the US) that all still waits to be done...most of which hasn't even been started.

In an attempt to feel like I'm doing something, I spent last night, baby free (well, toddler-free at least) tramping around the mall, wondering why all the stores now seem to only be expensive clothes stores. We barely stopped anywhere because I'm just currently NOT in the market for overpriced designer clothes or trendy teenage clothes. It was very odd....no wonder people head to big box stores in droves. Aside from minor stocking stuffers, all I bought were some new maternity clothes. (Where , incidentally, I had an exact repeat at the Bay as I had a few weeks ago - seriously, that store cannot figure out how the match sale prices on the rack with the prices that come up at the register. But I finally got the frazzled clerk to honour the sale prices, got rid of my Bay gift card and now will never have to subject myself to that colossal hassle again.) Merry Christmas to me!

Still, though. The pressure is building. I advise no one to be around when the explosion happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crap... explosion? oh boy...