Thursday, November 15, 2007

Frustration, Thy Name is Wedneday

What a week. I wouldn't go so far as to say its been BAD, just annoying. I know there so many things to actually be thankful for, but sometimes as we all know, you can't see the blessings for the stupid details.

You see, I was scheduled for my big Level II Ultrasound on Tuesday. This would be the one where they measure everything anatomical and make sure the baby has all the necessary parts...you know, things like fingers, which, as we now know, are NOT automatic. Due to an earlier mix-up at my doctor's office, I missed the deadline to make an appointment at the hospital for this ultrasound, so to get it done on schedule, I wound up at a private lab downtown. And this lab, as I discovered, refuses to tell you anything to do with the ultrasound results - good or bad...including the gender of the baby, which we desperately would like to know. Thwarted.

And then yesterday when I finally saw my regular OB, despite assuring me they would, the lab hadn't even sent over the results yet. So now I must wait 4 more weeks before I find out the gender. And I WILL wait....to hear back from the doctor now would mean something is wrong, so I'm content to wait 4 weeks if it means that all is otherwise well. I'm well aware that getting to know the sex is pure luxury, so I'm not going to rock the boat. But still, there I was, thwarted again.

After the OB appointment I had quite a bit of time before I had to pick the boy up from daycare, so I went across the street to the mall. I haven't bought myself a single stitch of maternity clothes yet, and cannot face another winter of wearing the same 5 things I wore with Kieran. I hesitated because we are heading to the States next week, but its so rare to have a chance to shop without a baby and stroller, I thought I would look. As it turns out, everything at the The Bay was on sale, which was exciting because, in general, maternity clothes are crazy overpriced. After trying on a million things, I narrowed my choices down to about 6, and brought them to the counter where the oh-so-sweet sales clerk informed me that everything scanned in at regular price...including the stuff THEY had already marked down on the price tag. And she just shrugged in the way that told me I was shit out of luck. So, in the back of my mind, knowing I'd probably find even better deals in the US, I walked away. But then, as I was walking away, I was increasingly pissed both because I had wasted all that time and then not bothered to ask for a manager as well as being pissed that I wasn't getting any new clothes.

Seething, I wandered back out of the mall and wound up at the tea shop where I ordered a cup of Earl Grey to make myself feel better. After I got the tea, I was still mad at my Bay fiasco so I decided to just leave and go get Kieran early. And what happens as I'm stepping outside? I walk out the door and promptly drop my entire untouched steaming beverage all over myself and the sidewalk...and then to add to my total humiliation? I start to cry. I can only blame my stupid frustrating day, stupid people and stupid hormones.

You see? Thwarted. And I went home.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Awwwwwww Gen! Big hug from me. Come over and I'll make you a brand new cup of tea. Er, well, we can pretend. :)

Anonymous said...

hehehehe Fun-nee... not suppose to laugh.. but Fuh-nee... well kinda... hmpf. actually kinda annoyed about NOT knowing the sex of the baby and such... hmm... okay.. not so fuh-nee, I take it back.

hmpf.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you dropped Soya Sauce on yourself too at Sushi...

but Kieran appreciated his mommy getting him early... and Eric appreciated his wifey getting their son.. we LOVE Gen.

Aurelia said...

I'm sorry your day was so sucky.

Hey, the good news though? They really don't let you leave if there is any bad news. I swear....so this means good news! Yayyyy!