Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tales of the Long Waist

I'm just so tired. I'm not sure if its the pregnancy or if I'm still recovering from our extended long weekend in the US, but I'm dragging this week. I guess a weekend of stomping around American shopping malls will take its toll on anyone, but at 5 months pregnant, I felt like I wanted to saw my feet off at the end of the day. The worst part is that I could not partake in any post-shopping hot tub therapy.

Anyway, so apparently I'm FEELING pregnant. And I'm well into maternity clothes however, just like last time, nobody seems to be able to tell. I remember my last OB telling me that I would go my entire pregnancy with people telling me that I didn't look that pregnant because I am (get this) "long-waisted". Having reached my peak height of 5ft3 in high school I have never, ever been "long ANYTHING", but she was apparently right. Right up the end I never had a single stranger, well-meaning store clerk, or neighbour ask me when I was due. And I guess I'm on the same track this time.

This doesn't mean, of course, that I don't gain weight. I have gained over 10 pounds already and now that I'm feeling better there are many, many more pounds to come. But yet, I'm sure come March when I'm feeling like I'm going to burst, I'll be at the hair dresser again and she will not mention my huge stomach because apparently it looks more like I'm carrying an embarrassing ball of fat than a baby. I really hate that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(sigh) more footrubs for Gen. =)