Thursday, December 20, 2007

Done! Done! Done!

I have achieved something resembling success in my Christmas preparations - which is good, considering tonight is my last night before tomorrow's Pre-Christmas Christmas in Burlington, and we leave at 6 am for Boston on Saturday.

Last night, Eric thoughtfully cleared his schedule so he, Kieran and I could have the evening to finished up the shopping, without me having to take the child on my own. We decided to pick him up from daycare and start to shop immediately in order to maximize our time before baby meltdown. After the first store, where the scenario I blogged about yesterday in regards to taking our son shopping immediately began to unfold (crying, insisting on walking, wandering off and then loudly - and embarrassingly - resisting all attempts to rein him in) we left the store empty handed and called in an emergency babysitter. Smart move.

After child and babysitter were safely at our house, we had enormous success. Shopping is now officially completed and all that is left is wrapping and packing for the trip. I'm even thinking about putting my cookie baking back on the list tonight. Unheard of success!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a Happy Gen...
makes for a Happy Christmas. =)

very productive last night indeed...
Sorry to the 8 clients I had to cancel on!
and thanks Maggie for babysitting at the last minute!!

Steph said...

Shut up. Oh - did I say that out loud? Oopsy.

Seriously, way to go. I suck. Happy Christmas!