Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dirty Kicking

So, after my flurry of activity last week, I have basically come to a standstill as far as Christmas preparations go. I still haven't even done my Christmas cards and I even got special photos of Kieran for just that reason. Sad. Tonight though, after the child is in bed, I'm going to sit down with my list, a cup of of tea and plate of Christmas cookies, turn on the Season Finale of America's Next Top Model and write them all.

But, at least I've been busy with other things that are NOT Christmas related. My girlfriend and I went to see Dirty Dancing, the musical, last night. Highly, highly enjoyable. The only problem really was that the character who played Johhny (the Patrick Swayze role) had a curly mullet that was supposed to make him look like a bad-ass, but instead made him look like a loser. Otherwise, they did a good job of adapting a movie to the stage. The crowd loved it....mainly because it was full of 20-40 year old females who grew up with the movie like I did. I was tempted to buy a baby bib that said "Nobody puts Baby in a Corner" but didn't because they only came in pink and blue.

The baby also LOVED the show. Kicking like crazy almost the entire time, which I take to be a sign that I'm going to give birth to either a girl or a gay man. I guess the kicks could have been interpreted as "can you turn that down, I'm trying to sleep" but since this is my child, I know they were kicks of joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no not kicks of Joy.. and Not Gay... he/she was doing leg extensions...