Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Monday...so Relaaaax

Am I the only person feeling, completely drained lately? I know that the weather is a big, big part of it. So, is being 8 months pregnant. So is having both a sick husband and baby for the entire weekend.

Last week was a complete write off...work was hectic, Eric was sick, RRSP deadline totally snuck up on us (related note: I'm soooo tired of stupid banks), frigid temperatures followed by yet more snow, and I was looking so forward to the weekend. But Kieran woke up with a raging fever on Saturday so all of our plans were shot. Instead, since I was now stuck indoors, I decided to embark on a laundry extravaganza. I washed just about everything - and I mean everything. Pillows, duvets, stuffed animals...I think I did about 15 loads of laundry (sorry, environment). All I could think was we have a new baby coming and everything seemed so.....germy. All the sorting, folding, bed re-making, and putting everything neatly away is, as I have discovered, very tiring. But at the end of it all, the house is clean and at least a little more ready to welcome a baby (not that the baby really has anywhere to sleep, and if its a girl, anything to wear that isn't blue or covered in rocket ships).

I'm not going to dwell on the weather...except to say, I totally wiped out at the bottom of the stairs after dropping Kieran off a daycare this morning. I knew it was only a matter of time before my 8-month pregnant self fell on the ice. I'm only surprised that it wasn't in our own driveway, which apparently has a personality akin to a comic book super-villian, continually covering itself in innocuous looking, yet deadly, black ice, no matter how much we salt it. Anyway, my knee and hand broke the fall, so I didn't feel the need to rush off the hospital or anything. I did almost rip a hole in the knee of one of my last three pair of maternity pants though, and with one month to go, I REFUSE to buy anything else. I would rather show up to work with holes in my knees than spend another $60 on maternity pants. Seriously.

Anyway, hopefully, I will soon have happier things to blog about, because I feel like a real downer lately. Tomorrow, we go for a tour of the hospital (since I'm not going to the same one I was at for Kieran). And its supposed to get up to 7 degrees today. There IS light at the end of the this long, pregnant, icy tunnel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh crap.. the hospital tour... RIGHT... UGH. and Gen forgot to mention she clocked Kieran in the face this morning with the his diaper bag... oh.. and I accidentally slugged him when I tried adjusting his strap in the baby chair...
it was ALL accidental.. HONEST!

I was sooo sick last week..
Gen rocked this weekend. WE LOVE YOU GEN.
(Kieran and Eric)