Monday, February 25, 2008

Its been soooo busy lately that I cannot believe how longs its been since I updated this blog. It's not so much that I haven't had anything to say, as I can almost always find something to rant about, but since I normally update this while I'm at work (sssshhhhh), work hasn't allowed me the usual downtime. In fact, right now, I have way too many things to do and there is no way I should be wasting time blogging, but I plan on keeping it short.

They handed me a pamphlet today at the doctor that is essentially "what to do when you go into labour." Its not like I'd FORGOTTEN there was a hideous labour process at the end of this, but to see it in black and white really hits home. 5 more weeks and I plan to work 4 of them.

Although, its been so busy at work and I have so much work to do still at home just to get ready for another child that I'm wondering if I'm cutting it too close.

Take yesterday, which was a Sunday. I decided to go watch Eric's band play the night before...which turned into a ridiculously late night out, but it will most likely be the last gig I get to see for a good long time. Got home at 3:30...Kieran is up at 6:20 (Eric got up with him - I cannot lie...but we trade off a few hours later.) And even though I'm still exhausted with piles of laundry and housework still in front of me - I hadn't been grocery shopping in 2 weeks. So, the second Kieran is down for a nap, I fly off to the grocery store, where seconds after I step in the door my cell phone starts to ring with some totally irate woman calling from Jerusalem who is angry at several things...mainly that I haven't received any of her emails (like that is my fault) and the fact that I have to charge her $2000 extra due to the fact that I never received any of her emails and thusly didn't get some key information in time. So, I'm trying to calm her down, while also trying to read my grocery list and price compare chicken parts. I've had 5 hours of sleep, am 8 months pregnant, have to be at my 3-year-old nieces birthday party in a few short hours and am looking ahead to a brutal work week. And this woman is doing some serious international ranting on my cell phone. Argh. I finally got off the phone with her, but the damage was done...her distraction cost me a $200 grocery store bill, which I don't think has EVER happened. Gag.

Anyway, like I say....I could keep going, but I have too much to do. Maybe later...

No comments: