Friday, March 7, 2008

Tick Tock

So, here we are still apparently in the depths of winter. I honestly thought that an April 4 due date meant more or less a "spring baby" but I'm guessing not - at least not this year. More snow on the way! And more snow after that! This baby will be coming home to metres high snowbanks, the likes of which I probably haven't seen since my Thunder Bay childhood.

After two days of staying home dealing with Kieran's breathing issues, I'm glad to get to back to work. Seriously, I can tell you right here, right now that I'm going to struggle with an entire year off and two babies to care for. We plan on keeping Kieran at daycare for two days a week at least...he really enjoys it and it will give me and break during the week. But being at home with a toddler is, to me at least, no picnic. And a toddler and a newborn, who naps twice a day...I can't really imagine. It will be fine when the weather is nice, but during the cold and winter? Gaack. Guess I'm going to have to develop an actual routine to keep Kieran occupied. How parental.

We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll love it. I know I'll enjoy not having to get up and rush to get out the door. And when Kieran is sick...it will be nice to NOT have to send a guilty message into work that I won't be in "again."

For at least a year....or less.

No comments: