Tuesday, January 22, 2008

73 Days

It's hard to believe that I only have 73 days until my official due date, but let the countdown begin!!!

I cannot stress how different this pregnancy has been. Aside from the relatively unflagging morning sickness, I've been a lot LESS uncomfortable that I was last go round. With Kieran, by this point, my feel were so swollen I had to go shoe shopping and also he was sitting right on the pelvis, so I couldn't stand on one foot any more. (Which is a real challenge when getting dressed.)Even sleeping by this point I think was a lot more difficult and trust me, this past week, I've done a ton of sleeping.

But still, I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over. Sure, I'm not sure I'm quite mentally prepared to have another infant on my hands quite so soon after feeling quite confident that Kieran has left most of his neediness and night-waking well behind him, but pregnancy really does suck. I think many of my recent feelings are due to last week's Fever Extravaganza. When one is sick, one is inherently selfish. As my fever crept up and up, I hated the constant worry about the state of my unborn child, , the guilt that all I was ingesting was Cup a Soup and orange juice, and on top of it all, still having to remember to take my anti-nausea pills or I'd be throwing up what little I as able to eat.

And don't get me started on cold medicines. All the literature you read, says pretty much that most medication is useless and tea with honey and lemon is as good any OTC medicine you can buy. I call out whoever said that as a outright liar . God, I hate being patronized in that way.

Anyway, maybe it's just me who is selfish and it has nothing to do with being sick, but regardless, 69 days left until I can guzzle Neo Citran just like the good old days. Oh wait, there's still breastfeeding, something else which although I lasted three endless months, I never really enjoyed.

And one other thing, the most recent caffeine study thing gets to me too. Newest word is, it doubles the chance of miscarriage in the first three months. It's like everything else...a roller coaster of good to bad to OK to bad again. Next week, next year, next month it will be something else again, some other food, some other chemical that is going to cause miscarriage or brain damage or peanut allergies. God, I'll be glad to get off the pregnancy train one and for all....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

69 days?!?!?
Holy crap. I need to get working on the other room!! sweet Jeebus!

p.s. waiting for Jerry to make a 69 comment.

Anonymous said...

i was going to but it somehow felt wrong ...

but here we go .. 69!! that was the beginning of what got you into this place!! ... ziiiinng

Steph said...

So should we actually count on it being 71 days (the average of 69 and 73)? I'm so confused...but I was never good with numbers.