Monday, April 13, 2009

One Year Old

Today is Kaya' s First Birthday. We have not bought her any gifts, which I sort of feel badly about. In my defence...we went out looking for something for her, but I couldn't find anything that I thought she would love. The Easter Bunny did leave her some presents yesterday, although he mistakenly bought sidewalk chalk because he thought they were big baby-sized crayons. Bunny needs glasses.

Of course, we did celebrate her birthday properly(well it was a family Easter/birthday dinner) so she did get lots of gifts from other people. I made her a little bumble-bee cake. The bee was sitting upright in front of a miniature regular birthday cake with a candle on top. At least, that was how the cake was when I finished decorating it and prior to lifting into the box. When I went to lower it into the box the cardboard cake board folded in the middle, smashing the little purple birthday cake into the bee's face and belly. I managed to salvage/repair the bee, but the mini-cake was a goner. Of course, Kaya did not care and I realized as she shovelled handfuls of cake covered in yellow and black icing that most people do not give their one-year olds black icing for the first birthday. I am not one of those mothers. We have lots of photos of my little one-year old looking like a baby goth.

Happy Birthday Kaya Papaya!

1 comment:

Eric AKA Hubsand of Blind Bunny said...

hahaha Bunny Needs Glasses... hahahaha