Sunday, March 29, 2009

Frazzled

So, in a few short hours I will be officially off maternity leave. I am feeling stressed about it, but if I recall from when I returned to work after Kieran, I'm pretty sure it will all be fine.

Still, I had last week off to get myself organized and integrate the kids into full time daycare. The days were a bit shorter for them than they will be from here on out, but they did pretty well. As for me? Not so much.

I tried to cram lots of stuff into last week. Vet appointments (fleas), my yearly physical (fleas), running lots of errands, cleaning etc. On Friday, I had to get my blood work done (just for a physical folks, please trust me that I'm not pregnant) so I was sort of in a rush to get the kids out the door, get the medical stuff done and then have the rest of my day to myself - no cleaning, no errands. I was feeling a bit frazzled, but got the kids dropped off and then went to the blood lab to take my place in line behind about 30 people. Awesome.

Then my cell phone rang. I had sent Kaya to daycare without a diaper on. I still have no idea how this is possible. She had on a onesie, pants and shirt. No diaper. The babysitter was calling to make fun of me (although, I think she may have been a bit worried about my state of mind).

Anyway, I finish giving blood and then, since I had been required to fast for the tests, I hit the Tim Horton's drive thru. I pulled in, sped RIGHT past the little speaker and drove right up to the window without ordering anything. The guy working the window just looked at me like I was new on the planet.

Me: "Uhhhh, guess I missed the ordering part, huh?"

Guy: "Sure did."

It wasn't even 1030 am and I had two people questioning my sanity, so I went home. I was thinking of doing a bit of shopping, but it suddenly seemed risky.

Hopefully, I get my act together and tomorrow morning is a breeze. Diapers and all.

No comments: