Friday, March 6, 2009

The Countdown Begins...

So, its official. I'm pretty much counting the days until I go back to work. Which is March 30 for those who may be interested in counting with me.

In general, staying at home with 2 year old and an infant has been OK. There are somethings I love about being home with the kids but, overall, Mama needs a break. With Eric working more or less 7 days a week, every week, I am going a bit crazy. There are times, when I think I can feel my brain turning mushy. As mushy as...something. See, the old me would have been able to find something vaguely clever that her brain would be as mushy as...but all I can think of now is a long list of baby-related mushy things...like the pieces of banana that get tossed from the highchair and land in the MOST annoying places and then have to be cleaned up only to have the entire process start all over again.

You can probably even detect my lethargy from the dearth of blog posts. I keep thinking "who wants to read about my kids being sick (which they both are AGAIN)" and there just isn't much else. That and Eric's band had a long break during February due to some of his bandmates having actual vacations (of which I can only dare to dream) and I typically update my blog on weekend nights when I'm home by myself and am feeling too cheap to order a movie from Rogers On Demand. (Although we rented one last night...Ghost Town. See it!)

On the upside. I think we hit 17 degrees today! This is a pleasant turn of events. I'm sure, naturally, that we will plunge back down into another deep freeze any second, but today was an excellent day. Eric and I even managed to clean out our hideous carport which we pretend is a garage and store things in and then are routinely shocked when said things become ruined. Today, we went to the garbage dump to drop off our old mud-covered highchair and our old stroller, which had first rusted shut and then, after Eric broke it trying to force it open, rusted open. (Although since my dad fixed our carport roof last fall things are getting ruined a much slower pace...)

Also, Sassy is gone. To a good home without children or a continual parade of sweaty strangers. After a particularly horrible stretch where she peed every single day in Eric's gym, we decided it was time to call the Humane Society. But before we arranged to drop her off, someone answered Eric's last Facebook plea. She apparently hadn't seen any of his previous ones ...and she came to pick Sassy up the next day. According to her new owner, Sassy is doing well and is using the litterbox as she should. I am using that tidbit as evidence that Sassy was totally miserable here and that we did the right thing. Which it was. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I get to sleep at night. When the children aren't crying. Or needing medicine. Or coughing...

Save me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the Record. ONLY Erin went on Vacation in February. =P.. okay... John did too.... Neil cancelled his plans. =P

Anonymous said...

1 cat down.. 1 more to go...