Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You Tell Him Kieran

Let's cut to the chase. Where have I been? In short, my two year old stopped napping (sniff, sniff). 

I had really hoped that he would hold out until closer to three, but here we are barely past two and the naps are history. Or at least, the predictable naps are history. If I'm incredibly unlucky he will fall asleep while I'm making dinner or in the car and then, in addition to no nap, he'll be up until 10. That's a LOT of two year old. 

Consequently, he's become quite attached to me. He's disdainful of just about everyone else, turning his head angrily away if someone else so much as speaks to him. Sometimes this even includes his father. 

Yesterday, Eric and I were discussing me finding time to take another cake decorating class. The conversation goes like this:

Gen: I'm thinking of taking another class. 

Eric: You should. Just do it. 

Gen (voice rising in exasperation): I WOULD but your stupid schedule doesn't give me any free day. 

Eric (voice rising in return exasperation): Well, just pick a day and TELL me and I'll clear.....

Before he can finish, Kieran comes flying out of absolutely nowhere and puts himself between me and Eric. He turns to his father and starts wagging his finger at him. "DO NOT YELL AT MOMMY." 

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  





5 comments:

Caro said...

L.O.L.

Steph said...

Oh my dear, my dear, I feel your pain. Early nap rejection, late nights when they do nap...it's enough to make a mama weep. Sounds like an echo of my life, actually. And you're right - it IS a lot of two-year-old!

Anonymous said...

It was "KINDA" funny... the best part was was his stare.... he meant business... hahaha

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while it lasts, Gen. In a few years, HE'LL be the one yelling at you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Krissie! you always know how to make me feel better!!