Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming....

Forgive me for my last ranting post. I'm calmer now. Although perhaps it was a nice refreshing change from my usual boring "mommy blogs"?

Regardless back to mommyland we go...

So, I have been successful in fixing Kaya's napping issues. Or rather, she fixed the issues herself and would undoubtedly roll her eyes at me trying to take credit for her success. I was only sort of half-heartedly trying to get her to transition her naps from the swing to the crib last week and then suddenly, more or less on her own,  this week we have a solid morning and afternoon nap happily in the crib, almost three hours each.  I love this baby. 

Of course, Kaya's apparent new napping schedule is quite distressing to Kieran. All day (excluding his own nap) all that kid wants to do is ride his bike around the neighbourhood. Now, I seem always be saying that we can go when Kaya wakes up. When he hears this, he runs to her door and screams "Wake Up Kaya!!!" which of course she doesn't. Poor Kieran

I've also started potty training the boy. What a messy job THAT is. He'll sit on the potty and go, but that doesn't mean, of course that anything lands in the potty itself.  It's like visiting the Trevi Fountain, only more erratic and less tourists. Little boy potty training must be why God invented the Swiffer Wetmop

Long weekend ahead of me...and Eric is out of town with his band. This prospect is distressing to me, since this long weekend also happens to be my birthday. The thought of three days and nights on my own is boring the hell out of me already. Throw my birthday into the mix, even if  it just means that I get out of diaper duty for a day, and its much, much worse. 

Stay tuned...there may be another rant coming...


1 comment:

Caro said...

It's okay that you have a mommy blog. I have a high school blog.