Monday, October 29, 2007

Backwards, as usual

I guess I'm doing this backwards. I should have introduced my blog and then launched into my rant, but I guess that's my impulsive, aggravated side rearing its ugly head.

So, yeah, I've been thinking of a blog for a few months now. Although I know lots of people who have blogs I don't really visit them all that often. Every few weeks maybe. But a few months ago, while innocently googling my new obstetrician, I stumbled onto a birth announcement, which turned out to actually be also a death announcement, for a baby said doctor had delivered that had died tragically shortly after birth.

Oh, it gets worse. The announcement was attached to a blog which this poor woman had started whilst blissfully pregnant, but morphed into a horrifyingly tragic tale of infant loss, miscarriage and infertility and she had links to dozens of other blogs all dealing with the same thing. A sane person would have clicked off and never gone back. Instead, I was hooked. Now there are a few of them that I check regularly because I find their stories so fascinating and almost always well written. Often they are hilarious. Sometimes heartwrenching. The few that find I read regularly are all people who are newly pregnant, like myself, so I identify with them for the most part. (Although their respective journeys' to becoming pregnant are fraught with fervent hope, danger and emotional upheaval and mine can be summed up, both times, as "WTF?! Already?!")

Then a couple weeks ago, a good friend of mine, announced she was starting her own blog (not pregnancy related thus far, which has been a nice break) and it made me think again that I thought I should try this. And now here I am. Bloggin'. Enjoy. Or not.

No comments: